- Gargantuan Globe and Mail investigative piece on the Ford family — 18 months in the making.
- Measured Toronto Sun editorial on Stephen Harper’s ‘tough week’
- Simply great Darren Ridgely take on the media treatment of’ the Rob Ford crack cocaine allegations. [I agree with him 100 per cent]. And a typically strong Christie Blatchford piece on the same topic:
“It’s inarguable, I think, that with this story, the goalposts of the newspaper business in this country have been moved. They won’t be moved backwards.”
- Mary Agnes Welch has a great summary of Gladue/Justice-related developments in Manitoba and a peek inside a Toronto Gladue court [a subject close to my heart — read comments at your peril]
- Free Press Editor Paul Samyn announces a major shift in policy regarding online comments. Comments abound.
- Shameless plug for my Winnipeg Sun story today on a potentially problematic [for the government] photo radar-related trial.
- Every Canadian who votes should read the full ‘robocalls’ decision from the federal court (direct link) Takes what became a very complicated issue and clarifies all of it, and the law. Also: Awesome Andrew Coyne piece to boot:
That should get y’all started.